Monday, March 5, 2012

STRATHMORE ONLINE WORKSHOPS-ARTIST JOURNAL

In March of 2012 I started the free Cathy Johnson's Artist Journal Workshop on the Strathmore's Online Workshops website.  Their home page is here.  The workshop I did was available to do for anyone until August 2012.  But, they offer three month-long free and very extensive art workshops every year by well known artists in their field of expertise.  They begin in the early part of each year and are available to do up until August of that year.  I highly recommend checking them out!


On the first day of the workshop I went outside to sit on my front porch to sketch and paint geraniums.  But, as soon as I stepped outside the beautiful sky caught my eye and I just had to try to capture that instead.  The clouds were plentiful and huge, puffy and moving fast in the deep blue sky.  Not only were they moving quickly in the sky, but they were also moving and changing shape within themselves at a rapid speed.  They looked like boiling steam or flowers opening up right before my eyes.  It was an amazing view.  I wasn't able to capture it perfectly, but here is what I did capture....






A few days later I was able to get back to the geranuiums, so I did an ongoing series of buds to bloom.....













Again, I encourage anyone to join this annual series of workshops, if possible.  It usually begins in January/February of each year.  You will learn a lot from experts in various mediums while you're having fun doing it.  I also find it to be a great inspiration to get the creative juices flowing.  Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I loved that you captured the gorgeous blue sky and clouds. Your Geraniums are beautiful!! I'm taking the watercolor workshop too.

    ReplyDelete