Wednesday, August 31, 2011

ZENTANGLE-DIVA'S WEEKLY CHALLENGE #37

This week's challenge is called "Kiss My Grids" and the challenge is to do a Zentangle or ZIA made of only patterns that use a grid.  Mine turned out much tighter than I would have liked.  Since I enjoyed doing it I have a feeling I'll be doing more of them this week and definitely will be trying to loosen up.  But for now here are my challenge attempts so far...  










As always, thanks for looking in and I always appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Love the "tile on a tile in a tile" effect of the first. The second looks like a landscape. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the color too. What did you use?
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stepped 3d effect on your first tile so good and the colours really enhance that look. The landscape is amazing as well with the tree being the main focus and breaking up the grid. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you fellow tangle addicts. LOL I used watercolor paint on the tile on a tile (top) one and colored pencil on the landscape type (second) one. (I use Strathmore Bristol Vellum paper and it takes watercolor pretty well.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you overlapped "tiles" in the first one but only used on string. The color adds alot of interest too!. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both tiles...they are so different, I would not like to say which I like the best!!! Very nice little landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved both the tiles. So clear and neat. Excellent...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and wowee! Both tiles are amazing! Very original approach to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. two great tiles - love the tree is that a fractal type design - so fun to study and explore the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both tiles especially the landscape one!

    ReplyDelete