1.) For my first effort I found an old failed painting to use. Then I looked for colorful areas in it, and ripped out a few possibilities...
I looked for a few areas that I especially liked with my handy dandy 1" masking matboard (lower right hand corner in picture below) and cut out one inch squares of the areas that I thought would go together nicely. Once I got what I liked I put all six inchies together and flicked a bit of gold paint on each square. In this case I glued them down on a blank olive green greeting card. After all that was done I "framed" the six inchies with a gold pen.
Here I've laid my inchies on the greeting card to figure out the most appealing assemblage. You can also see the materials I used in this picture.
I used the same scraps of an old failed painting to make the card above, but here you can see I decorated my inchies with black ink for a cohesive look and mounted them on a white greeting card instead.
For this card I made my own abstract inchies by flicking many layers of watercolor and acrylic paint on top of each other until I got the effect I wanted. I also decided to make use of the deckled edge of the watercolor scrap paper I was using when I cut my inchies. Once I was happy with them I glued them on to my card and drew a "frame" around them with a black micron pen.
2.) For the next few cards I used old stickers I had laying around...
For this card below I painted four two inch squares deep pink to use as a base to glue my stickers on. Once I glued the stickers to the pink squares I flicked gold paint on them. Next I glued the four of them onto the card and drew a frame around them with a black micron pen. Then I stamped the words, "Wishing You Joy" below and viola' I have a card. Here are the supplies I used to make my twinchie fairy card...
"Wishing You Joy"
Here I'm making another greeting card from old floral stickers I had laying around. These stickers fit perfectly onto inchies...
It was fun to make these cards and it's a lot of fun to use them when I need a card for a friend. In the photo below you can see all the finished cards together...
Thanks for looking in. I hope you've been inspired. Comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated.








Such a clever idea! Thanks for your lovely comments. I found a wonderful use for paintcolour strips - you know the ones at the paintstore...? - they work wonderfully on cards too...play nicely!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the paint chip idea for cards. Love it! They always intrigue me when I pass the displays of them in the store. I recently tried tangling on them, an idea I got from someone else on FaceBook, maybe you? But, I used a micron pen and the ink smudged even the following day, unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for very personalized cards. I always make my own cards and I certainly have lots of failed paintings, so I'll definitely be using this technique! Thanks for the inspiration (and the visit).
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were inspired, Terrie. They're fun to do, too. :-)
ReplyDelete