Monday, September 19, 2011

ZENTANGLE-DIVA WEEKLY CHALLENGE #40

This week's challenge was in honor of September 21st's "International Day of Peace" and a movement that grows larger every year, started by two Florida teachers, "Pinwheels for Peace".  For more information and to join this week's challenge, click HERE


Being a child of the sixties I couldn't help but think of peace signs, so my first tangle represents them.  As I was creating the tangle, however, it made me sad to think how many years ago it was that my generation protested for peace and meanwhile we watched our former high school friends be maimed and killed in a senseless war.  Here it is 50 years later, many pleas for peace have been made by many people in the ensuing years, and yet another senseless war is killing and maiming our youth. Will we never learn?


So, my second tangle needed color, because I needed color to cheer myself up a bit.  I only wish I could feel more hopeful that world peace was near.  I leave this week's challenge with somber thoughts.  










Sorry to be so serious.  Sometimes those Zen-tangling thoughts just go there, I guess...

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your offerings this week. I love them both. Your words and first tile elicited a sigh and then your butterfly(?) took my breath away. Very nice, lovely tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, these two pinwheels are gorgeous! I love the rainbow one especially. You have achieved a sense of motion in both of them as well. Are you going to make instructions on how to draw your "peace" tangle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful! And so true...when will we ever learn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peace tangle is so apt, and the colours on your second are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are great.....but the rainbow is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much fellow tanglers. Looking at everyone's pages is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them both, great movement too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun interpretations and I like how you chose to show the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judi, these are both so beautiful. I especially like the one with the piece signs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second one is gorgeous.... it looks like a butterfly doing a sufi whirling meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are beautiful tangles...but I really love the second one. I'm not prone to use color when I tangle...but this one is fabulous. I was a teenager in the 60s and we were all about peace...but looks like you're right and we NEVER learn!

    ReplyDelete