For the first one I went to an acid free scrap booking paper with a print of soft white roses made by Amscan. The paper was of good quality, although it was not super heavy. I thought for sure the pen would bleed through it, but it didn't at all. In fact, it was very nice to work on, and I fully intend to purchase additional soft hued papers to tangle on.
For my second attempt I used an 8 1/2" X 12" Barnes and Noble watercolor journal that I like to play around creatively in. Although this journal takes a lot of different mediums I've never tried microns in it. First, I splashed a watery wash of warm hued watercolors and let them dry overnight. I added my zendala over the top of them the following day, and happily the microns worked just fine.
And, now I'm on to trying to master Rick and Maria's new tangle, Auraknot! To check it out for yourself you can go to YouTube to watch their video on how to do it. Thanks for looking in!!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletelove them both
ReplyDeletehave charming details!!!!!
Absolutely beautiful, both of them. I especially like your watercolour splash background as this is a technique I sometimes use, and love it as you just never know where your marks will lead you.
ReplyDeletejudi - these are both wonderful! i like the subtlety in the first and the boldness of the second. you got very different, but equally beautiful, results!
ReplyDeleteVery nice designs.
ReplyDeleteHow on earth did you get the template into your journal!? LOVE both of these, especially the watercolor wash on the second one!
ReplyDeleteBoth very beautiful but my fav is the first one - your choice of tangles looks lovely over the white roses - so romantic!
ReplyDeleteThey are both lovely. I can't say which one I like best; they are so different; the softness of the first one, and the color splash of the second one make them both special.
ReplyDeleteJust the right amount of watercolor...soothing and yet distinct. The first one looks like marble!
ReplyDelete