Tuesday, May 22, 2012

DIVA CHALLENGE #71

This week's Diva Challenge can be found here.  The challenge was to use the new tangle presented by Molly Hollibaugh, Pea-nuckle.  I found this tangle to be a real challenge, too!  But, the more I did it the more I grew to love it and now I'm hooked, for sure.  


I'd also recently stumbled on Shelly Beauch's tangle, Blooming Butter and was waiting for a chance to use it.  In my first attempt below I combined the two tangles and was going for the feel of a basket filled with flowers.  Sadly, my tile fell far short of my goal, but I had fun doing it, anyway.  LOL  


In my second tile I used Groovy (another very addictive tangle Laura recently challenged us with), Shattuck and Unme (pronounced "you and me") with Pea-nuckle.  


You may have read Debra Castaldi's touching story as to how she came up with her pattern, Unme, recently on Linda Farmer's Tangle Patterns website.  As I was doing this pattern I realized that the main stroke in it is a tear drop.  And, so I was rethinking Debra's story and then "Time In A Bottle" began playing on the radio.  By the time I finished I was a basket case!  May God bless Debra with faith, peace and joy.



As always thanks for looking in and enjoy your week!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tiles and I love the red in the second tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your red one very much. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both tiles are wonderful. Love having the red background in the second tile. This is why I enjoy seeing everyone's work, so many great ideas that inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both tiles are beautiful but wow, does the pea-knuckle pop with the red background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are wonderful. Very effective use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both wonderful. I love the red background, and the pea-nuckle in that one looks like a (beautiful) bicycle chain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vibrant red tile throbs with life ! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both great tiles, I love the way your pea-nuckle is quite open.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tangling! I especially like the red tile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks all. I'm loving seeing what everyone else is doing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are great tiles, but you've got to love the one with the red background... it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both great, but the red one just jumps off the page. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both tiles are very special. I hear you about the emotional part too!

    ReplyDelete