While I was trying to think of watery tangles to use in my first zendala Sandy Steen Bartholomew's great book, "Totally Tangled" immediately came to mind because I know she has several tangles adapted from Japanese art depicting water in this book. To take a look at "Totally Tangled" and her other wonderful zentangle® books and learn more about Sandy (and there's so much more to know about her and her fabulous work) please go to her blog here: Beez in the Belfry. Well, as I guessed I was inspired and tentatively began my zendalas...
In the end I wound up with one Mexico/ocean combination zendala and one zendala devoted to the colorful art of the Mexican people. Here are my entries for this week's dare:
"Gulf of Mexico"
"Hola"
Thanks for looking in!!!


Awesome colors. I love the first one the most, I think. Ooo, it is hard to decide. The first one feels like it is warmed by the Mexican sun! How did you color these? What sort of markers?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cathy. I used all sorts of things for color, Prismacolor pencils, Prismacolor .005 and .5 colored pens, and Inktense pencils. I kind of just picked up whatever I thought would do the job wherever I was working.
DeleteWow! Two gorgeous zendalas! I love the color and patterns.
ReplyDeleteOhh, so nice and bright! Great choices of tangles for each.... not sure which I like better... maybe the second because I just spent the day in the garden and your flowers are really lovely!
ReplyDeleteWow! Those are beautiful! I've been having trouble getting inspired by this week's template. I think this helped
ReplyDeleteThese are both so beautiful! I really love the color on both, but the 2nd one is so vibrant and alive. Wonderful work!
ReplyDeleteWow, these are so colorful and playful! Very Clever!
ReplyDeleteThanks one and all! :-)
ReplyDeleteJudi, I love the colors you have chosen. These are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWonderful color! Love the surf boards and sunset in the top zendala. I thought about a sunset as well but wasn't clever enough to find a way to do one. I love the playfullness of them both.
ReplyDeletewow! both are absolutely beautiful! the suns in the first one are wonderful - so bright and intense! and i love those flowers in the second - great, great job!
ReplyDeleteSunshine and good times are on display for all to see!
ReplyDeleteI can't decide which is my favorite. The colors in both of them draw me in and the warmth of the sun is particularly appealing. Great work!
ReplyDelete